https://angelstreetcapital.com/wp-content/uploads/radio-advertising-bureau-logo1-e1396364073967.gif 51 80 Robert Maccini http://www.angelstreetcapital.com/images/logo.png Robert Maccini2014-03-26 21:45:122014-04-04 19:15:19Digital Revenue - We Need a Breakout
Digital Revenue – We Need a Breakout
The RAB just released 2013 radio industry revenue information which reflected no growth over 2013 in total. However, while spot radio was down 3%, digital revenue increased 18% over 2012. The percentage of digital revenue is still small, only 5%. Digital represents the greatest hope for increasing radio revenue.
We need better information on the components of digital revenue as there are many;
- Website advertising (banners and pre rolls)
- Streaming audio ads (desktop and mobile/ banners and pre rolls)
- Other destination sites (separate URL – local community news, events, etc.)
- Reselling other tools to advertisers (reputation management, SEO/SEM, social media, etc)
- Some radio groups understand the need to be competitive for digital revenue and are forming digital agencies.
- As the percentage of digital revenue increases we need additional data to understand what areas are gaining the most traction.